Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rady Children's Hospital

Today was a day I will cherish for the rest of my life! My fellow SD sisters, Anna and Leah, came into town and we had the opportunity to go visit Rady Children's Hospital to play with the kids. Rady Children's Hospital is currently the biggest children's hospital in the nation! We meet some amazing children who had the most inspirational stories. The highlight of my visit was being able to visit one of the little girl's bedside and play with her and her disney dolls! I was awestruck to see how high her spirits were, given her condition. We also went into a couple of the play rooms where we bonded with the children. I had so much fun coloring and playing kitchen. Although I have to admit, it has been years since I've used crayons and some of the children, like Aaiysah, who was there recovering from having her appendix removed, were much better at coloring in the lines than I was!


It was such a memorable experience and I am so happy I was able to spend a few hours at Rady.  It really goes to show what a great platform the Miss America Organization has and what our donations to CMN is really going towards. 


Above is a picture of the wagon of stuffed teddy bears we handed out! 


1 comment:

  1. Hello, Van! What are your favorite clothing stores? All the clothes you were are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete