Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The road to Miss California 2012

It has taken a lot of preparation in order to ready myself for the Miss CA 2012 competition this coming Friday, but it all has been so worth it. This whole experience has been such an amazing and fun journey!



My journey towards the Miss California 2012 pageant has opened up numerous opportunities, both in service and self-improvement. Aside from improving my confidence and providing me the perfect outlet to share my love for performing on the piano, my journey towards Miss California has greatly improved my physical strength. I can finally do unassisted pull-ups! This was something that has always been extremely challenging for me, but all those hours in the gym are starting to show results! It is so important that with our busy schedules, we take care of our bodies--stay hydrated, eat healthy and excercise often!




I was also blessed with the opportunity to meet some amazing people, such as the Alpha Kappa Psi chapter at California State University, San Marcos who were so generous with their time in setting up mock interviews for me.  In addition, to meeting and working with the extraordinarily talented crown coach, Gina Simms, who volunteered her time and experiences with me. Through preparing for the state pageant, I have learned so much about myself. Whether it was building confidence, improving my interview skills, or polishing up my talent, it has been an enjoyable ride!


If you ever need any pageant tips or coaching, I highly recommend working with Gina! She definitely knows what she's talking about; after all, she was Miss Nevada America! With her help, my walking has improved tremendously. Click here to be taken her website. 


Here's to all 58 contestants and all their hard work! Good luck and I can't wait to perform again in Fresno at the Saroyan Theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment